Our minds are the most important tool we need in order to survive. Not taking time to care for your mind is like driving a car with no gas. It is what tells us to stop when something is burning you, or to slow down when you are driving way too fast. It is the motor to our entire body. We are only as strong as our minds are. Sometimes in life we fall down. It is how we get up and create a stronger being that is most important. Here are some things that have not only helped me become stronger but continue to build my strength every single day.
- Sunshine helps create a happier soul. Studies show that vitamin D is essential for the body. Sunlight can help wake you up in the morning and make it easier for you to fall asleep at night. However if spending long periods in the sun, make sure to apply sunscreen.
- Get up and create endorphins. Whether it be lifting weights, going for a jog, or even just strolling in the park. Physical activity gets your heart rate up and is over all the best way to stay healthy and happy.
- Surround yourself with people you would like to become. Your environment can have an effect on how you act or the activities you do. However this doesn’t necessarily have to affect you. Know what is wrong and what is right, and always choose the right things. No matter what everyone else is doing.
- Remind yourself daily of where you would like to be and continue to work everyday at that goal. Be strong and courageous in your new vision. Seek it daily and don’t let anything or anyone get in the way of where you would like to be in life.
- Keep a journal of your daily progress. Write about the days you feel like going backwards and reasons why you won’t allow that to happen. Write about things that give you the most energy and things that drain the most of your energy. Track every thing so you can look back at all the progress you’ve made.
- Keep motivated even when you don’t feel motivated. Push yourself to the limits. I’ve come to learn that you’re not always going to be motivated. So being disciplined is essential for your progress.
- Seek the most uncomfortable tasks. If we don’t keep seeking uncomfortable situations we’re not going to grow. We only grow when we step out of our comfort zone.
- Don’t be afraid of rejection and do not let it discourage you. In fact challenge yourself and seek rejection. Get familiar with it, and overcome it.